Questions or comments?
A theme template to aid in the creation of new themes.
- This theme can be used to build additional themes for the Web Experience Toolkit.
Do not use when
- This theme should not be used as is, it should only be used as a template for another theme.
English and French examples
How to implement
- Use the *.html files to create your Web pages.
- Optional: Create, install and link to one or more new CSS files (will be used for custom CSS)
- Correct all *.css, *.js, and *.gif file paths referenced in the installed *.html files
- Replace the page title (in between
</title>), the site title, and the content title (in between
- Correct the metadata values
Configure Custom HTTP Headers to emit "X-UA-Compatible" "IE=Edge". Instructions on configuring IIS (English / French) or Apache (English / French) can be found on MSDN. This setting will ensure Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 will use their most recent rendering engine, as opposed to "Compatibility Views".
Content page-specific instructions (content-*.html)
- Correct the menu bar links or remove the menu bar
- Correct the English/Français link or remove the language selection link
- Optional: Implement the secondary menu (maximum of 2 levels)
- Correct the search field or remove the search field
- Correct the breadcrumb trail or remove the breadcrumb trail
- Correct the site footer links
- Correct the Date modified/Date de modification or remove the Date modified/Date de modification
Splash page-specific instructions (splashpage-*.html)
- Correct the English and French language links
Server message page-specific instructions (serv*.html)
- Replace the English and/or French messages.
- Date modified: